How It All Started?
Blog Your Niche started as a hobby last 2010 by simply capturing and saving different video footages and photos of friends and family, vacation trips and just messing around with my love ones on our day to day activities. I had a full-time gig in IT so my hobby was my third priority from family and work. Basically, I love to capture video footages to be able view memorable events that I treasure the most. Those memorable events in our lives are priceless and if they are not captured in video, It is miss and will bother me for days. I always say “Oh men, why didn’t I bring my DJI Osmo Pocket?”.
- Osmo Pocket Vlog Camera Up to 4K Video at 60 fps, up to 100 Mb/s, 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- DJI Osmo Pocket Action Gimbal Camera with 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, Single Handed Vlog Design
- Compact 4.1 oz, 4.8" High Design, 12MP JPEG or DNG Raw Still Photos. Feature: FPV, ActiveTrack, 3X3 Panorama, Motionlapse, NightShot
- Minimum requirements: iOS 10.0: iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone se
Android 5.0: Samsung Note 8, Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S8, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI, mate 10 Pro, HUAWEI mate 10, Huawei mate 9 Pro, honor 10, Honor 9, vivo NEX, Mi mix 2S, Mi 8, Mi6, one plus 5T, Google Pixel 2XL, Google Pixel 2.***
My First Camera Unboxing and Vlog
The first camera that I picked up last 2010 was a Nikon Coolpix AW100 16mp that I picked up from Amazon. My family was scheduled to leave for Hawaii within 2 weeks for a short 1-week vacation and since the Nikon Coolpix camera was waterproof and reviews online specific to its durability were positive, I decided to get my 1st Nikon. I’m was not a professional photographer/ video editor, the pictures and footages that I took was average. Drone footages from DJI was still at its infancy during that time so aerial footages was very new to me. I always assumed that aerial footages from DJI that was slowly being propagated to the internet was helicopter footages. DJI was founded by Frank Wang in 2006 and it was still slowly getting introduced in the US while YouTube was founded in 2005 by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim who used to work for PayPal.
- Waterproof, freeze proof, shockproof and dustproof adventure camera with extra capabilities
- Stunning high resolution photos, 4K Ultra HD videos, Time-lapse videos, Super lapse videos and music montages
- 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with telephoto power and Hybrid VR image stabilization
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, eCompass, altimeter, depth gauge and more
- Operating environment: Temperature: -10 to +40°C (14 to 104°F ) for land use, Temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F) for underwater use
The next camera that I picked up was a Nikon D3100 DSLR F-Mount. It was DSLR for beginners. From a personal experience perspective, it was a big step up from my Nikon Coolpix AW100 16mp. I was able to do more manual control and was able to change lenses. I’ve seen improvements on the quality of my footages for both video and photos. The Nikon D3100 introduced Nikon’s new EXPEED 2 image processor. It was the 1st Nikon DSLR that was capable of high-definition video recording. As you can see the quality of the video footage of my daughter’s graduation needs more improvement. Just trying to get the video stabilized was a pain. I used the camera for a few years until GoPro and DJI Action Cameras started to get recognized. GoPro was founded by Nick Woodman in 2002. Nick was surfer and was very passionate in capturing close-up quality action videos and photos. His vision was to be able to produce an affordable action camera to amateur photographers. The new action camera was branded HERO which was going to be the savior of being able to capture close-up action shots.
- A DSLR that's as easy to use as a point and shoot camera
- Compact, comfortable design that's great for travel and special events
- Image sensor that's 15x larger than those used in typical smartphones for sharper, clearer pictures
- Works with Nikon’s snap bridge app for sharing photos with a compatible smartphone or tablet
- 1080p full hd videos with monaural sound at the touch of a button. Bluetooth version 4.1
- HyperSmooth 2.0: HERO8 Black has three levels of stabilization – On, High and Boost. Get the widest views, or boost to the smoothest video ever offered in a HERO camera. Works with all resolutions and frame rates, and features in-app horizon leveling
- Streamlined Design: The re-imagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly. A new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact-resistant compared to previous models
- Expandable Mods: Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do more than ever imagined with our HERO8 Black mods (sold separately). Media Mod gives you shotgun-mic performance and lets you attach Light Mod and Display Mod to up your capture game
- Live Streaming in 1080p: Share while you’re there. Live stream in 1080p on social media, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
- TimeWarp 2.0: Capture super-stabilized time lapse videos while moving through an activity. Automatically adjust speed based on motion, scene detection and lighting. Slow the effect to real time – savoring special moments – and then tap to speed it back up
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- Action camera with 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to shoot 4K HDR videos.
- 8x Slow Motion: Capture every epic move with jaw-dropping clarity and detail when you use 8x slow motion with 1080p resolution and 240fps. Time-lapse: Condense time and movement for stunning, easy-to-achieve results.
- 11m Waterproof, -10℃ Temperature Resistant Sporting a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters, making it the perfect underwater companion. Versatile batteries perform well even in extremely cold environments with temperatures as low as -10℃.
I was impressed by GoPro Nick Woodman’s vision and what he was able to accomplish, and so I’ve decided to get a GoPro Hero 4. Based on my initial experience, the quality of the video was ok with its wide-angle look. If you want your image to have a large (FOV) field of view, the GoPro Action Camera will do the magic for you. There are situations that you will need to reduce the FOV when you shoot on wide modes or to remove the fish-eye effect. To remove the GoPro fisheye distortion, I had to do some lens adjustment through the GoPro Studio or you can also adjustment through FOV camera settings
- Built-In Touch Display: Frame your shots. Easily adjust settings. Play back videos and photos. Improved Camera Control: New dedicated button enables quick access to camera settings. Simplified menus make navigating settings easier than ever.
- Fast, Powerful Photo Capture: Captures high-quality 12MP photos at speeds of up to 30 fps.
- Built-In WiFi + Bluetooth: Delivers enhanced connectivity to the GoPro App, Smart Remote
- Protune - Now for Video + Photos: Cinema-quality capture and manual control of color, ISO limit, exposure and more. Night Photo Lapse: Customizable exposure settings up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse Photos. Auto Low Light: Automatically adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance. High-Performance Audio: New Audio System captures clean, high fidelity sound and nearly 2x the dynamic range. Ultra Wide-Angle Glass Lens: Enables engaging, immersive footage of you and your world.
As we ALL move forward with our lives and evolve, we often think on how can we get better and better with our niche. Our hobbies that we love most and are very passioned about. I'm into video editing so I said to myself, that I would focus my niche on YouTube video creation with a mixture of different life-changing experiences and events. I also started writing Blogs for my Blog Your Niche website so I can share my experience to my audience. Having a mixture of relevant content on both Blogs and Vlogs are essential to SEO and it will serve its purpose. With ALL of the social media available and by utilizing them correctly, helps your online presence more visible.
Blog Your Niche is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.